Address

Contact Info:
Elder Logan G. Payne
C/O Iowa Des Moines Mission
8515 Douglas Ave#19
Urbandale, Iowa 50322-2924
email: logan.payne@myldsmail.com

Friday, November 13, 2015

Week Fifteen 11-9-15

This has been one week for sure! Tuesday we got up in the morning and drove to Iowa City for our transfer meeting. Elder Hamelin was to be going home and I was to get a new companion. We sat in the meeting and I was listening to the group behind me and their comments about the new companionships. I looked at the one and thought he would be fun to serve with. Then they called out to announce the Elders in Keokuk with my name first since i was staying in the area. I got up to go hug my new companion and sure enough it was the elder sitting behind me! So my new companion is Elder Jenkins from Rexburg Idaho!! He is a great guy and a lot of fun! We spent part of the day and went to a museum in Iowa City that was really neat. It had a Mormon pioneer exhibit and a bunch of old cars!
 
We spent most of the week getting situated as a new companionship and still had a lot of success.
Here in Iowa the weather has been fairly nice. It has gotten cold but still not too bad, in fact I am still wearing a short sleeve shirt today. I know that snow is coming and I am scared to death for its arrival but so far so good! It is weird to think that it is already into November. Just today at the store they had a sign saying 46 days till Christmas..... I didn't believe it at first! Time has gone by!
My major spiritual moment this week was when we had one lesson with an investigator and the spirit was so strong. half way through the spirit basically took over and we were saying the words that Sammy needed to hear. At one part we just stopped and knelt down to say a prayer. I offered the first prayer and then asked him to say one after me. The emotions in the room was so strong and we all were in tears! It was amazing!!
I love you all so much!
Elder Payne

Brother and Sister Smith are remodeling the apartment that the Elders live in and they found this paper in the closet