Address

Contact Info:
Elder Logan G. Payne
C/O Iowa Des Moines Mission
8515 Douglas Ave#19
Urbandale, Iowa 50322-2924
email: logan.payne@myldsmail.com

Monday, October 5, 2015

Week Ten 10-5-15

What a week!!!!
The beginning of the week was quite normal and nothing major happened. It was just pressing on and doing missionary work. It has been getting colder her so I am happy to have received my winter clothes in the mail last week! If not..... I would be a frozen beanpole, well it has not actually been that cold but it got chilly!! We also had a lot of contacts that are very promising this week! We have actually found 4 new investigators. Now we just need to help them fully learn of the truth! And all we can do is Pray for them! One of them is actually from Iceland and so she is excited about doing work for our past ancestors!!!
One thing I learned about here is EVERYONE decorates for Halloween!!! It is amazing! There are so many festive, fun houses that are just great to drive by!! The other Night we were driving trying to know where we needed to go knocking... as we turned down one road there was a house that was MAJORLY decorated!! It was extremely interesting and quite offsetting. I just tensed up and could not function (it doesn't help that I get very superstitious in October) Needless to say we went right home and I crawled under my blankets and hid. Then in the middle of the night I woke up frozen with fear thinking something was standing at my bedside tapping my shoulder.... but nothing was there.
The highlight of the week was Conference of course. It was amazing to be able to watch and listen to the prophet speak to all of us (though i do worry about his health) And it was great to hear and see the calling of the new apostles! I know that they are called of God as we listen to their words the spirit does speak to us. We will be told of things that we need to hear! I encourage all to Watch or read the words as they are available in many different locations. Let the spirit answer the questions you have be answered! I know that Thomas S. Monson is the living Prophet and I am so thankful for all he does!
As Always you are in my thoughts and prayers! I love you so Much
Elder Payne