Address

Contact Info:
Elder Logan G. Payne
C/O Iowa Des Moines Mission
8515 Douglas Ave#19
Urbandale, Iowa 50322-2924
email: logan.payne@myldsmail.com

Monday, August 17, 2015

Week Three 8-17-15

Well I have made it to Iowa and it is green! I am surprised to see that there is actually a lot of hills here, because I was told it was so flat. It has been great. My last times at the MTC were amazing and it was sad to go separate ways from a lot of people there. I know I only knew them for two weeks but we were so close. I made it into Iowa and had a great time at the mission home before transfers. I spent most of my time talking to the senior couples there than any of the younger ones.... I then was able to stay the night with the assistant to the presidents instead of at the mission home and they were a blast!! The next day we drove to Iowa City to meet our companions. It was a long drive with no leg room but we had a blast.
My new companion is named Elder Hamelin and when we first saw him everyone knew he was just like me. It turns out that he loves the theater and all things Disney... sounds very familiar!! We have got along so well and will work greatly together. I found out that I was to go to Keokuk Iowa and that it was a half hour from Nauvoo!! I was so excited to hear that. One of the biggest things was that the Elders were moving places and moved before I came as to keep me from having to unpack and then pack again in a week. Well the apartment is not finished and is an adventure but it is still nice.Today was actually my first day to have warm water to shower.
One other fun thing about Keokuk it that there are spiders all over the place....... and I hate spiders!!!! It is always scary going to sleep but apparently soon you will just not think about it..... The people in this place are really nice and full of love. We have had a few people turn us down but never rudely. I am excited to be here and to fulfill the work in this area!!!